|The Network Engineer is responsible for the design and implementation of internal systems, including customer-facing hosted and cloud environments, as well as providing technical assistance to team members with system and network requests.
- Design and implementation at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Design and implement hosted and cloud solutions for customers using technologies that meet their requirements.
- Design and implement disaster recovery solutions.
- IT support relating to issues with the internal systems and network infrastructure.
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Office 365, Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Support services for virtualization technologies: VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft.
- Remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
- Administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review.
- Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure.
|Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as they occur.
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University.
- Work through project tickets and phases in ConnectWise as assigned by a Project Manager.
- Enter all work as service or project tickets in ConnectWise.
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional IT Certifications & training, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, SonicWall CSSA, ConnectWise CCPA, LabTech LTCP, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
|Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- Tertiary education preferably in computer science or a related field.
- MS preferred but not required.
- 3 years of IT experience.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Performance based incentives.
- Generous bonus levels.
- Full on the job training & support.
- Fun working environment and culture.
- Great opportunity for advancement.